Thursday 9 November 2017

Digipak development







For my digipak i started off with a plain blank screen and downloaded the template.

I looked at all the different colours that i could use and what existing bands have used in this genre. When i came across this shade of pink it really caught my eye and i felt it looked really good once you add some black and white to it. By having a bright colour like this, it will also capture the audiences eye, which is important as that is how you will sell you product.

I chose to fill the back and the front cover with the same colour pink because i wanted to keep it looking simply yet effective. I then search for different fonts to use; i wanted one that suits the genre but also looks different to anything anyone else who/has used. When i came across this font i fell in love with it and thought it looked really good in white against the pink background. I wanted to keep the writing clear because it is important for the audience to be able to read the words. I chose to have the title of the band and the title of the album on the front cover so that our audience can notice us. I use the shadow effect on the "1 Second Riot" on the CD because i felt it looked different to anything that i have seen in my research. 

I then used the same font again for the back of my cover because i wanted to keep to a maximum of 3 fonts so that the digipak looks neat and tidy. I added the bar-code and record label sticker on the back to follow the conventions of a professional dipipak. Also i added on all the legal writing underneath the song names. I stuck to only having eight songs on my album because this is what Kasabian and Oasis have done in the past, so therefore it fits with the genre.

After i finished the back of the digipak i then created the spine. I chose to do this in a dark black because i liked the idea of using three colour, pink, black and white. On the side i rotated the wording so it correct and easy to read when you have the album stacked up. On the spine i have wrote the cataloger number, album name and band name, i did this because the fit the correct conventions but also to allow people to read the pack without having to get it off the shelf. I used a different font for this because i needed to be more easier to read on a smaller area, also i did not want to over use it, as i have already used it a lot. 

Next, i added a picture of the band on the front cover, this is to added an effect and to show who we are.

To fill the space inside i chose a picture that i took and edited to make it stand out my more and to fit with the rest of the digipak. I also chose to make it look blury as i wanted to make it fit with the CD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment